Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Assessed Activity 8.2: Reflections on DLT

This is the final post for this blog where I will give my reflections on the course, what I learnt and liked about it and some thoughts on improvements that could be considered.

In my opinion, this was a highly practical course which will benefit me greatly in the future.  The course covered many useful digital tools which are helpful to create engaging online content and these tools are indispensable for any IT professional as he/she would have to generate some digital learning content at some point in his/her career.  The course also helps to bring someone out of his/her IT "shell" and to create an online presence through e-portfolios.  This too is crucial for careers in the 21st century where e-portfolios often lead to new business or career opportunities.  Also the course adopts a very "hands-on" approach to learning, where students are to put into practice what was taught by actually using the DLT tools.  One of the highlights for me was doing the course assessments via a blog (this one) and posting comments in my classmates blogs (example here).  It certainly was a unique way of designing an assessment!
 
I felt that the topics were well covered, content was relevant and current and I would definitely recommend this course to others.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment